Cabrio SVA Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio SVA Article

I've been told that a few years ago one of the kit car magazines ran an article about getting a car through SVA and that the vehicle featured was the Marlin Cabrio.

Does anyone out there happen to know which magazine it was and the date (or better still wouldn't mind sending/emailing me a copy of the article). I may be getting a bit ahead of myself here as my SVA wont be until next year at the earliest, but thought it better to know beforehand what perils await...!

Thanks

Simon

Re: Cabrio SVA Article

Hi Simon

I have a copy of the mag, it was Kit Car Feb 2005, I can scan the article for you and send a pdf. I also have the SVA Manual on CD if you would like to hold a backup for me.

Regards

John

Comment

When I put Millie in for her SVA one of the inspectors mentioned that there was an article in kit car magazine showing a Cabrio failing in similar ways. With my usual bad timing I already had the magazine at home, but had been too busy to read it. That was the Feb 2005 issue. The article is actually reprinted from a much earlier date. It recounts how Mark Mathews got one of the first Marlins to pass soon after SVA was introduced.

The inspector pointed out that many of the tests are not done these days and several new tests have been introduced.

Since I read it after the fact I found completely unhelpful. I doubt it is worth the cost of a reprint.

Paul

Comment

Thanks both for the useful information about the article & SVA. John, I would like to take you up on your kind offer and will e-mail you shortly.

Regards

Simon

Comment

John (Leeds)
          Hi there , just about to finish the build, have an old edition of sva documentation around 1999/2000 would be interested in a copy of your disk if possible!
          cheers
          tony s

Comment

Working...
          X