Berlinetta seating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta seating

As a new member, I amy not have found my way round this site just yet, but I am interested in hearing any ideas on seating. I need to be comfortable...and with just 17" (or 42cm if you prefer) between sill and tunnel our options are limited. I have a pair of Sportsman recliners and the reclining adjustment is handy but they are as hard as nails and the unecessary raised sides make the actual seating area too narrow for those of us possessed of a broader disposition! Aquila Sprts cars (who bought the Roadster off YKC) will do seats at £350 +VATper pair, I think, but exactly what you gey for your money is unclear) Interiorsseating (formerly Richfield) will modify their RX1380 for a wacking £330 inc vat per seat and apparently Cobra are reintroducing their Sports car recliner in leather at £499 inclusive or recovering existing seats at £369 (I'm not entirely clear whether this is per seat or per pair.
    Any one any ideas? I want to be comfortable: I'd like to match my seats to my colour scheme...but I don't want to shell out a small fortune and be disappointed. What oter seats fit ? A fixed seat is a cheaper option, but the recliner is so useful for alternative drivers that it's almost a must..like head rests. So what else fits ? (I know of Bedford Rascal/Suzuki Super carry but souch things are as common as hens teeth. I've heared the Suzuki Cappuccino seats will too...but are rarer still. Any one any thoughts?
    best wishes, Bill

Re: Berlinetta seating

Message originally posted by: Ben Hall
    Hi Bill, I got a set of seats for my roadster from midland wheel supplies, they are non reclining but there are many more in the range, well priced too, £75 the pair after some haggling!! Quality is good although i wouldnt fit them to an Aston!!

Comment

Hi Bill.

Rascal seats actually come up regularly on Ebay, and are very well priced - they usually sell for around £50 a pair (yes, I'd been toying with them myself for the Berli!). They do appear to have the flat base you are looking for - there's an example on Ebay now: 250107376636. Of course, you'd have to find a way of re-colouring them?!

On the Suzuki front, there's a passenger seat to have a look at on Ebay too: 120135698674. I'm sure they're pretty good quality, but could be too 'buckety' for you.

I'm pretty sure the Cobra Sports Car seat prices are per pair, which would make them good value. If you don't find your current ones comfy, though, then I guess that's a none-starter?

Comment

Hi Bill, I know of several members who have started with production car seats, stripped them and modified them to fit the available space then had them recovered. I have seen several very comfortable looking examples over the years. If you are selling your seats I have a buyer if you are intrested?

Comment

Bill, if you are considering going the re-upholstering route, would early MG seat frames be a potential starting point? Example, Ebay item: 290133828348

Comment

Article in Pitstop some time back on using Sierra seats [section taken out of frame if I recall correctly,then re-upholstered] I'm sure to have the copy somewhere!!

Comment

Hi Alan..this article in Pitstop would seem to be a very important read for me, if you can find it..Thank you!
              Bill

Comment

Bill
                Have found the article I refered to - if you let me know your mailing address I'll post you a copy

Comment

Bill
                  check the suzuki capuccino owners club site for seats!

Comment

Bill
                    When I built my Berlinetta in the 80's I managed to fit standard Triumph Spitfire seats. A tight fit but ok.

Comment

Working...
                    X