Pitstop / Members Only Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitstop / Members Only Area

Just a thought that might save the MOC some cash (and save paper/the planet etc. & offset the filth my old B Series pumps out!) - what about having a members only area on this site where you can download an electronic copy of pitstop? Members with Internet access then opt out from receiving a copy through the post.

Re: Pitstop / Members Only Area

Hi Chris

Nice idea. We are looking into a password system for forum users and can consider this too. I'll put the word out in the next mag and ask or comments.

Comment

I'd certainly find it very useful to be able to look back on old issues, but I think I'd still also like to have my own personal 'glossy' in my hands (ooh-er, missus).

Interestingly, the NG Owners' Club, of which I am also a member, have started to put back-copies of their mag on their website, where it can be accessed by ANYONE, member or not. I quite like that magnanimous gesture; I really don't think it would encourage people to lapse their subscriptions, as there is a lot more to these clubs (MOC included, of course!) than just the mag.

The MOC members strike me as being a kind & thoughtful bunch; perhaps they would go an 'extra' mile for a club member, but it's clear - from the forum, for example - they are more than ready to assist non-members too. I think the more this friendly, inclusive approach is promoted, the more likely it is that people would actually wish to be a full member, and gain ALL the benefits.

The 'friendliness' of a club is, I think, it's most important feature.

Comment

I for one would hate the thought of not having an actual paper version to sit and relax with, with a cup of tea and my feet up while I read about and envy the trips the more adventurous members go on (and its not because I am anti PC, I have worked with computers all my life). The other possible problem is quantity of economics - I am guessing the less you print, the more you pay per copy. You could get into all kinds of problems if the concept of two tiered subscriptions were raised re those who took hard copy mag. and those who opted for on-line version (and I know you didn't but it would be lurking around the corner). Anyway, I still get a buzz when the mag. drops through the letter box. Long may it continue to do so

Comment

Just wondering if it's worth bringing this idea back to the top of the forum, would be great if we could browse old issues online (PDF + Flash paper maybe?). Or publish individual articles blog style into categories?

I'm sure new members would find being able to access all the archived technical articles very useful.

Thanks, Patrick
          www.msportster.co.uk
          Thanks, Patrick
          BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
          http://www.modelog.co.uk/
          http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
          X