mediocre power supply!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mediocre power supply!

Since I have owned my Berli I have suffered an irritating fault with the electrics. The battery keeps charge fine and everything works, but, when the lights and/or heater are switched on the oil pressure and water temp gauges change readings. I have rewired the dash twice and gone through many types of voltage stabiliser. I have put earths everywhere. No luck. During the on going, much publicised strip down I have dismantled the front loom. The alternator cable runs to a grotty crimp in the loom at the front of the brake servo where other cables are joined to feed the light relay, battery and the ignition bus/switch. This one crimp was corroded and green enough to qualify for Ken's free toll! I have rewired this and hopefully the resistances will have disappeared! One has to be a bit brave as once the loom tape has been unravelled the many marvels of Henry's colourfull spaggetti are exposed and can form a complete burd's nest if not kept under control. I actually found BOTH ends of the ballst wire. (removed, no longer necc).
    I hope that this may be of interest to someone!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: mediocre power supply!

Ah, Spaggetti, a lightweight version of Spaghetti!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Re: mediocre power supply!

Hi Dane,
      I am only disappointed for you that, as the 1000th Berlinetta thread poster, someone in a silver lame suit didn't leap out in front of you with a prize of a brand new harness and a weekend for two at the Ford Spares Depot!

Comment

Working...
      X