INSURANCE RENEWAL RIP OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSURANCE RENEWAL RIP OFF

My Marlin kitcar insurance is due for renewal as Flux sent me the renewal charges of £180 plus £45 for breakdown cover, compared to last years total was £126. I rang around various other companies and got quotes from £94 to £154 for insurance only. I went on the Flux web site and did a online qoute and it came back at £126, so I rang Flux to explain this compared to the posted renewal price and they say they can beat any other price they came back with £120 plus £45 breakdown cover. I advised them they are loosing customers as they should qouting renewals for current customer at there best price without shopping around. I have renewed with Sureterm Direct for £123 including breakdown recovery and fixed value and £50 excess and all the other bells and toys.If Flux posted renewal was £140 to £170 for the same as last years cover i would have accepted without shopping around.I had been a long term customer of Flux and you would of thought they would want to keep them by giving there best price to start with on the renewal as this issue happens every year. Graham Sykes was very good at £99 to £112 depending in excess.
    I have spoken to several mates who have moved from Flux in the last few years for the same reasons, so FLUX GET YOUR ACT SORTED and look after your customers.

Re: INSURANCE RENEWAL RIP OFF

Ive been banging on about this sort of thing for ages. But not only do you need to watch the renewal offer but also the service they offer. My son has found that you need to search around for quotes every year or if like me you stick with the same old company give them a hard time about the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Even then how good are they when you do have a prang.
    It was almost 20 years ago now, but Flux dropped me right in the poo when they reistated full road cover but failed to restart the legal cover policy. Then to add insult to injury behaved as if I was totally to blame for the accident!!!!!!!!!! wouldnt use the if they were the last insurance broker in the country.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hmm, my renewal experiences were similar to Bob's.

Rough figures: last year's premium with Flux - who I chose for my newly purchased Berli - was around £130. Renewal quote from them this year had leapt by nearly £30.

After a little shopping around, I'm now with 'Roadsure' - for a fraction over £100, fully comp!

So, thanks to Flux for forcing me to shop around further...

Comment

same experience with flux ,I shopped around and other's were more than two thirds less. ( a years premium in every two) Now with B Blor

Comment

Me too, been with Flux for years and accepted the gradual increases year by year until I tried an alternative quote. Got it £30 odd cheaper plus breakdown cover thrown in - with Footman James.
          Franklin, Leicester

Comment

I just signed up with Adrian Flux they were cheaper than all the others I tried, but this is the first year of my policy!

Patrick
            www.msportster.co.uk
            BMW E30 Sportster 2005 - M20B28 - Build Log and Updates http://www.msportster.co.uk/
            http://www.modelog.co.uk/
            http://www.mustang67.co.uk/

Comment

Funny, Flux has just given me a very good price for both my Marlin and my 3.8 Kougar, much better than Osbornes, who previously insured the Marlin. I guess the answer is Flux want to entice you in as a new custome. I shall certainly shop around when renewal looms.

Comment

Have had past probs with Flux who discount when queried but after recent probs will not renew next time. As requested I sent in pics for an agreed valuation and on 3 further occasions they requested these pics stating not yet received, each time Isent in further copies, this was prior to postal strikes so no excuse. They eventually threatened to discontinue the policy, until I e-mailed them a strong complaint threatening to post their letters on the club website. Miraculously they replied in under 2 hours saying they had found them and would i withdraw my threat.I guess this message is some some sort of no then. I agree with most of above contributors and would sggest members be careful with this broker.

Comment

Rats - insurance renewal time!

In case of interest, I had a superb quote from: Sureterm (.com). No idea what they are like as a company but, being Scottish, the actual premium price tends to focus my hapless mind like headlights on a dark country road...

Comment

Sureterm are a bunch of cowboys in my opinion. A few years ago, they cancelled my policy mid term because of a mistake THEY had made. Then they had the cheek to charge me an 'administration fee'. Obviously anyone can make a mistake but I found them rude and unpleasant to deal with when trying to sort it out. I would never use them again.

Comment

Ah!

Thanks for that, Rob. I haven't gone with them yet - they've just provided the (slightly) better quote.

Food for thought...

Comment

Working...
                      X