Anyone near shrewsbury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near shrewsbury?

I am currently building a Romero (without plans) and would really like to have a look at some cars which are either finished or part-completed. I live just over the border into wales but am happy to travel if someone could put up with me admiring their cars and asking daft questions.
    Cheers
    Cameron

Re: Anyone near shrewsbury?

Hi Cameron pleased to see you have joined the club. I am sure someone will come forward with a copy of a build manual for you. I know there are several YKC roadsters fitted with V8 engines and I am sure all your questions can be answered. Let me know if there is anything that you think that I may be able to help with.

Comment

Thanks Danny. At the moment I am worried that it wont all fit in! I have contacted DOn Burt who thinks he may be able to find me a manual (but meanwhile anything would be a start - happy to pay for photocopying etc).
      I will need to source a windscreen glass, and a propshaft. Meanwhile, can anyone tell me which is a good radiator to use with a V8 and where is best to place the battery?
      Plenty more questions to come from me!
      Car is now a rolling chassis btw :-)

Comment

Cameron
        You can get windscreen glass from your local windscreen replacement company if you supply them with a pattern, just make sure it has markings to comply with SVA.
        Propshaft - combination of Rover sd1 with sierra uj to match flange on diff or sierra prop with Rover uj to match gearbox, both will need cutting to correct length.
        You may have to move battery to rear of car if position in recess of bulkhead is obtrusive to engine fitment.
        Radiator is somewhat unknown ground for me on Romero,especially V8 version. Favourite fitment for the marina based cars seem to be vauxhall viva with about 3 or 4 core matrix, Austin 1800 or Austin maxi.One of the club members had 3 core viva rad for sale some months back, so you may want to 'search the forum ' if you think it will be adequate. I'm still searching my paperwork for any other alternatives, will post here if anything further comes to light.

Comment

Cheers Alan, thats grand - very helpful. It looks like the battery will have to go in the rear - next to the petrol tank -ooher.

Dont suppose you know anyone with a set of Romero instructions do you?

Comment

Cameron
            Sorry I don't have instructions for Romero, maybe a e mail to Sue to put in next 'Pitstop' will bring a result. Deadline for next publication is this Friday I believe.

Comment

Working...
            X