Roadster enquiry from Glenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster enquiry from Glenn

Sorry Glenn I accidentally deleted your email address after forwarding your mail to ben Caswell for a reply and he didn't have your email so we are replying to you through the Forum and hope you find it:

Hi Glenn, Your mates kit was designed and marketed before the SVA scheme came into being in 1996 and all exemptions for kits in build finished in

He would be advised to get a copy of the VOSA SVA manual or a compressed copy published by kit car magazine before he spends any more money.
    SVA Manual £37.00 from VOSA SVA PO Box 12 Swansea SA1 1BP. or SVA guide from Kit Car Magazine Tel 01293 886998

It has been possible to get the Roadster kit through a full SVA but its not
    easy.

Points to look closely at are, Seat height in relation to the seat belt top mount. Seatbelt mounts, steering wheel and column, door catches, radius on edges every where inside and out, a windscreen with the required safety logo etched into the glass and demisters.

As you can see these are only the main points,
    As part of your mates homework I would suggest you make a visit to a local testing station and have a chat with them.

I don't think the club has any exhaust parts left but it would be quite easy for a local company to make one up and at least it would fit the car.
    The chassis number for the kit should be on a small plate welded to the left side of the chassis rail behind the front bumper bar.

Best of luck and I hope this helps I would be interested to hear how your mate gets on.

Ben Caswell MOC tech rep (TR)
Working...
X