Berlinetta weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta weight

For pure interest, as I was passing a police operated weigh-bridge, I thought of going in and asking if I could put my Berli on the scales and see what it weighed. The very nice policeman said " certainly sir, on you go." The Berli. stripped of toolbox, people and a near empty fuel tank weighed in at 1040 k.g. A lot heavier than I thought, but better for towing the caravan, I suppose. Brian.

Re: Berlinetta weight

Out of interest Brian what engine size is yours? I wonder what the difference would be between a 2 litre and a 1.6 for example.

Comment

That's interesting Brian. When I had my last MOT done, I asked if they needed to know the car's weight for the brake test. "No need - the testing equipment has a built in weighing machine which automatically sets what the braking effort should be..." When I asked afterwards what weight it had come up with, he replied "around 750kgs..."

Hmm, some discrepancy somewhere!

Gary, I doubt it makes any difference - I think it's all down to bore and stroke sizes I think, and air doesn't weight that much!

Comment

Hi Gary, In response to your enquiry, my engine is the 2 litre, single overhead cam, injected Pinto. probably a bit heavier than a carburetta version, and fitted into a Sierra- Berlinetta. I would not have thought that it would be much difference in weight between the Cortina and Sierra version,. regards Brian.

Comment

Perhaps it depends on the driver sat in the car!
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Bennie, I jest of course, but one good quip deserves another, so, if you'd learned to read when at school , instead of playing with matches, then you would see that the car was empty of people when weighed .!!!!!!! have a happy Christmas, regards Brian.

Comment

Perhaps its all those old camshafts in the boot then!
              MERRY CHRISTMAS MATE
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
              X