Scottish Run 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Run 2008

It's that time of year again, where thoughts turn to spring. Prepping the car in readiness for another year of wind-in-the-hair (or flies-in-the-teeth) motoring on some of Britain's least travelled, but once found never forgotten, roads.

As my 'Scottish Run 2007' proved to be so popular last year, I will be putting on a similar weekend of motoring madness for those of you brave enough to once again make the effort (sat navs permitting!) of taking the long winding road up to Scotland.

I have a couple of routes in mind for the two days of motoring. If you came last year you'll know what to expect. Those of you hoping to join in the madness this year, but were unfortunate not to make it last year, can expect two good days of motoring. I've never been one for polishing my Roadster to within an inch of its life. These cars were designed to be driven, life's too short not to enjoy them properly while petrol availability (and prices) allow.

As a result, the structure of the weekend will be pretty much as last year (though I've yet to hone the routes):

Saturday Run (Glen Coe)

Start off ~9.30am Kirkton House Paddock. Motor. Stop somewhere for coffee break. Motor. Stop somewhere for lunch. Motor back to Kirkton. Meal at the Muirholm Pub in village. Stagger back up to awaiting tent/caravan/room.

Sunday Run (Glen Lyon)

As above, but returning to Kirkton for evening BBQ, drinks etc.

There is plenty of room for tents & caravans in the Kirkton House (parent's Guesthouse) Paddock with access to the toilet/shower facilities and a cooked breakfast. Electrical hook up will be made available for campers and caravans. Costs for the camping are £8 per tent/caravan per night, and if you don't want to prepare yourself breakfast in the morning, a cooked breakfast will be available for £4.50 per head. Costs for staying in the B&B are £32 per person per night (all rooms ensuite).

For more information on Kirkton House, details of rooms, costs and directions are included on the website: www.kirktonhouse.co.uk. If you are thinking of taking a room in the guesthouse, be sure to book ASAP, as the tourist season gets the rooms booked up very quickly. In the event of Kirkton Guesthouse being fully booked there are plenty of other B&Bs locally. You could try at the Coachhouse Inn, in Cardross (£32.50per person per night), 01389 841 358.

If you are interested in coming to the 'Scottish Run 2008' (now in its second year!), especially those of you who live in Scotland and surrounding areas who don't get down to the other club events, please contact me, Tim Macdonald on 01389 849 105 or email me at [email protected]. Please let me know sooner rather than later - the need for knowing numbers involved is urgent. Thank you. (Be sure to pack some sunshine for the weekend!)

Re: Scottish Run 2008

Looking forward to it. Please advise dates asap.
    Jonathan

Comment

Hi Jonathan, dates this year are Sat 26th and Sun 27th April. I will be emailing you soon with further info and questions... Looking forward to seeing you again this year hope your Cabrio is running well.

Comment

Hi Tim. I hope you are talking about MAY not April. Can't have time off for April. Please confirm. Regards Liz

Comment

I do apologize. The Scottish Run weekend is, of course, 24th & 25th MAY 2008. Minor slip up there...
          Attached Files

Comment

Got me a bit worried then Tim. Hope we get beautiful weather like today in May. Regards Liz

Comment

Working...
            X