Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Sports Car Club events 2008

Marlin Sports Car Club – Events 2008

Yes folks it’s that time of year again when you need to dust off the car, fill it up with fuel and have some fun. This year there will be a wider choice and variety of track days than ever, so there will be no excuse not to use your 5EXi’s and Sportsters to their full capacity as Mark Matthews designed them.

February

Monday 25th Feb – MSE Colerne Airfield nr Bath –Only £79
    The best airfield in the South West with a fast, big circuit layout on a very smooth surface at a bargain price. Book through Motorsport Events (MSE).

March

Saturday 15th – MSE Colerne Airfield nr Bath - £119
    If you missed it last month this is your chance to drive at Colerne. Still the same great smooth surface and fast circuit layout. Book through MSE.

April

Sunday 20th – BPMC Production Car Trial - £15
    Something different to be done in your road car, but great fun and still a form of motorsport. Take one slippery field south of Bristol, mark out a course up the hill and see how far you can get from a standing start with the passenger bouncing away to help give a bit more traction. Book through BPMC.

Sunday 27th – MSE Pembrey Circuit nr Llanelli, South Wales - £159
    Our first racing circuit of the year, having honed your skill on the airfield days can you take Honda curve flat at Pembrey? Book through MSE.

May

Sunday 4th & Monday 5th – Stoneleigh Kit Car Show
    The biggest show of the year, come and say Hello and see my extensively revised Honda powered 5EXi with full Marlin aero pack on the stand.

Saturday 17th – Japfest, Castle Combe Circuit - £15.00, U14 Free
    See Marlin 5EXi’s in the paddock and on the track against the might of the 1000BHP+ heavily tuned Japanese Cars. Lots of action both on and off the track. Just don’t look at all the scantily clad young ladies. Contact Japfest.

June

Monday 9th – MSE Keevil Airfield nr Trowbridge - £99
    Now that the weather will be warmer there really is no excuse not to try this challenging circuit. Last year I over took a Supercharged Lotus Exige here in my 143 BHP 5EXi, much to the owners displeasure – Great Fun!!

Saturday 14th – BPMC Autosolo - Chepstow Racecourse - £25
    An Autosolo is a cross between an Autotest and a Sprint. MSA approved and regulated, great fun to try in your Marlin at a low cost. Book through BPMC.

July

Sat 5th & Sun 6th – Speed on Wheels - Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire - £20 for 30mins in advance or £25 for 30mins on the day.
    A new car show from Limelight Exhibitions offering excellent value for money with 2 tracks being used at the same time. One for owners in their own cars and one for demonstration rides by the kit car manufacturers. Also a 4x4 off road course, standing ¼ mile drag race, sprint course and a karting area – something for every petrolhead. Book through Terry at Marlin.

Saturday 26th – Marlin Track Day – Colerne Airfield nr Bath - £129
    A change from the Llandow track day of the last 2 years, as by now you will be ready for a bigger circuit. Marlin will be reserving a number of places with MSE the organisers, for our exclusive use with tuition on hand from the Marlin race team to show you how to improve still further. Book through Marlin.

August

Mon 4th & Tues 5th - Spa Francorchamps F1 Circuit, Belgium - £450
    If you only ever drive 1 Formula One circuit in your life make sure it’s this one. Join me at the best drivers circuit in the world as rated by Ayrton Senna. We will be leaving on Saturday 1st to be ready for 2 days of driving heaven. If you would like to join us please let me know and book through BookaTrack.

Saturday 9th – BPMC Castle Combe Track Day - £120 (approx.)
    Your chance to drive the same circuit as the Marlin Race cars in the Castle Combe Special GT Championship. Can you handle Quarry Corner or carry the speed through Camp onto the main straight? Book through BPMC.

September

Sat 13th & Sun 14th – Donington Park weekend – Sat £TBA, Sun £145
    Donington is one of the truly great UK circuits having hosted F1 GP’s in the past and Moto GP races every year. Limelight Exhibitions are organising the track day on the Saturday and Trackdays.co.uk are organising the Sunday. Further details later in the year but this is a must for any petrolhead.

Saturday 20th – BPMC Autosolo - Chepstow Racecourse - £25
    Your chance to try your hand at an Autosolo at the same venue but on a different course. How fast can you be against the clock on the set runs? A full days fun of competitive motorsport for peanuts. Book through BPMC.

Saturday 20th – MSE Pembrey Track Day nr Llanelli, South Wales - £159
    As an alternative to the Autosolo above you may wish to drive at Pembrey and follow in the wheel tracks of the BTCC and F3 teams who race there, or the F1 teams who test there. Book through MSE.

October

Open to Offers
    There are still track days to be enjoyed and don’t forget the Stroke Association Day at Castle Combe on the 25th. If there is anything you would like to do that has not already been done please let me know.

November

Sunday 2nd – TotalkitcarLIVE – Rockingham Circuit, Corby - £100 to £125
    Fantastic opportunity to represent Marlin by giving customer rides on track at the newest purpose built circuit in the UK. We will need 4/5 cars to make this work but what an awesome place to finish the season. Please let me know if you are interested in driving with the Marlin team.

Thurs 20th eve – BPMC Karting Endurance Challenge - £35 per driver
    The best way to end the year and hopefully finish on the podium, as my team did last year. 2 ½ hours of non stop karting action with 25 mins of qualifying to determine the best karting team. Even if you don’t win you will have great team camaraderie and the evening will raise over £1000.00 for Diabetes UK.

Contacts

Motorsport Events www.motorsport-events.co.uk 0870-7872116
    Bristol Pegasus Motor Clubwww.bristolpegasus.com
    Marlin Sports Cars www.marlinsportscars.co.uk 01363-773772
    BookaTrack www.bookatrack.com 0870-7441635
    Trackdays.co.uk www.trackdays.co.uk
    Japfest www.japfest.co.uk
    Speed on Wheels www.speedonwheels.co.uk
    Ken Robson [email protected] 07900-007747

Marlin Racing – Castle Combe Special GT Championship

Whilst most of us have been tucked up in the warm and dry over the winter Mark has been busy rebuilding and preparing the race cars for 2008. Listed below are the race meeting dates where you can join the pit crew or cheer for the Marlin factory team of Mark & Dylan as they dice with the Ferrari 360 Challenge race cars. Also hoping to enter some races in 2008 are Richard Thwaites in his 2005 5EXi race car and Jon Coombes of JNR Racing in his purpose built 5EXi Honda powered monster. Also if you speak really nicely to Terry she may even be able to send you some free tickets, just don’t tell her I told you.

Mon 24th March Classic Saloon Raceday

Mon 5th May Husqvarna Springtime Raceday

Mon 26th May Caterham Carnival

Sat 19th & Sun 20th July Dunlop Great & British Motorsport Festival

Sat 2nd & Sun 3rd August Historic Racing Festival

Mon 25th August A-Plant & Lux Traffic Controls Sportscar Raceday

Sat 13th September MG Raceday

Sat 4th October Melton Concrete Products Formula Ford Carnival

I hope that this will give you plenty to do during 2008 with your Marlins. I know that once I have my 5EXi converted to Honda power, along with the race proven full aero pack, mine will be at as many track days and shows as I can get to. Feel free to share your Marlin experience with friends, family and strangers but above all make sure you have lots of fun. Don’t forget to renew your membership of the MSCC by sending Terry a cheque for £10 to partake in as many of the events above as you wish. I look forward to seeing you all again at some of the events above in 2008

Best Regards

Ken Robson

Working...
X