Berlinetta bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta bumpers

Has anyone got a set of Berlinetta stainless steel bumpers sitting in their garage. maybe someone who's had to put one thro a SVA test etc. Also did all Berlinetta's come with the same style of bumpers or were they different?
    thanks in advance....

Re: Berlinetta bumpers

Keith
    They look very much like the Cabrio ones. Dont know if the dimensions are the same though.

Comment

Hi Keith,
      I know of 3 types of bumpers fitted to Berlinettas
      1] M.S Painted type
      2] S.S. non SVA compliant
      3] S.S SVA compliant [more rounded ends]
      The bumpers on my Berli.are not the same as on my Hunter
      It sounds as though you now have a Berlinetta ??

Comment

Not quite, i am in the throws of purchasing one,currently negotiating the price, but it has certain bad points and the bumpers are one of them, so thought I'd prempt the purchase by thiunking ahead.Hope to of completed the purchase in the next couple of days, fingers crossed, and looking forward ahead to many good Berlinetta motoring days.........with more headroom and a hardtop to keep my wife happy.....thanks for the replies Tim and Alan....

Comment

Hi Keith.

What's wrong with the ones on the car - unattractive or just rusty?!

The standard (non-SVA) Berli bumpers are a very simple design and I don't think it would take much to have SS ones made up at a local metalworks - they are basically a slightly curved strip, with a tube welded to the end.

Mine are pretty rusty - the chrome is quite badly pitted. I'm toying with either painting them (metallic Graphite) or having them re-chromed.

They could also be powder-coated, enamelled, covered in Tartan fabric...

Comment

Oh, and is the car you are looking at correctly registered as a Marlin?

Comment

Keith, I could do with a near side rear SS bumper [or the pair] and bumper irons [probably non SVA]. If you find more than you needb please let me know on [email protected].

Many thanks Roger

Comment

Hi Keith, a couple of years ago, I had to replace the front bumper, and I think I bought the last one from YKC. It was a s/s steel one and SVA compliant, i.e more and bigger radii on the edges. There was one important fact, it was about 9" shorter than the original. A suggestion is that it could be for the Cabrio, but it fitted all the original bolt holes, and its straight and flat as per the orig. regards Brian.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, gents. Have finally aquired the Berlinetta, so now have to change it to my liking.....
                  Bumpers are tatty mild steel, would rather have stainless if possible so will keep looking or get a price from the local metal dealer. But if anyone has any please post or contact me [email protected]

Comment

Tell us what it is like Keith. Does it need much work?Presume you are coming to Scotland in it? Regards Liz

Comment

Well Liz, it definitely put a smile on my face when I drove it home from Newcastle!! Paintwork's needs sorted( Tornado red) and generally needs a tidy up..but got loads of time...not so much of the money! but what my wife doesnt know I'm spending, cant harm her!!! I may be away on the weekend of the Scotland run but will definitely be on the lakes run, and intend to use the car daily....as its got both a hard top and a good soft top(like rocking horse droppinds) or so I'm told. Unless I can find stainless bumpers I'll tidy up the ones on the car and respray the steel wheels. First impressions and all that..........Oh and i have to purchase a new horn as the previous owner fitted airhorns that play "Colonel Bogey"....soon to be appearing on ebay!

Comment

Working...
                      X