Clear All

• Sportster Lower Wishbone Recall

Hi all,

Just received this Email from Mark at Marlin in my in box:

To all Sportster Owners

15th May 2008

Safety re-call

Sportster lower front suspension arms

Due to another recent notification of a ‘weld line’ failure of a Sportster lower front suspension arm Marlin have now declared a full (stop using) safety re-call of all Sportster lower front suspension arms.

It is required that each and every Sportster front suspension arm that has been made prior to today’s date should be returned to our works for careful inspection. Any warranty is now removed from this component as it is deemed to be potentially unsafe.

We will reinstate warranty on these components after each arm has been properly inspected.

Please be aware that this re-call includes all Sportster lower front suspension arms manufactured before 15th May 2008.

1) Suspension arms found to be faulty will be replaced or modified FOC.

2) Post and packing is not FOC.

3) New bushes or ball joints required to fit newly built or modified suspension arms are not FOC.

4) I can not discuss or offer comment on the condition of any suspension arms by phone (I have to see them to check them first).

Yours faithfully

Mark Matthews

P.s I am sorry about any inconvenience that this may cause but in the interest of your safety and Marlin warrantees this is the only way that I can be sure of avoiding any possible future occurrences.

So everyone better get theirs checked out ASAP.

Re: Sportster Lower Wishbone Recall

Sportster owners/drivers should note that this problem does not apply to FORD based cars,
    This was confirmed to me yesterday afternoon by Terry Matthews at Marlin Cars. Any BMW sportster owners not yet contacted by Marlin should note the above from Mark Matthews and contact the factory a.s.a.p

Comment

Working...
    X