Looking for Parts suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Parts suppliers

I am a new proud owner of a Marlin Roadster, which is Ital based. I am trying to find out all about these cars as it is my intention this winter to replace the the engine and gearbox, possibly with a V8. Can anyone help with information regarding who could supply : side entry exhausts, uprated the front suspension (possibily Spax or Koni) and any source of information, accesories etc. that might exist, or members who have carried out such conversions. I do hope you can help.

Re: Looking for Parts suppliers

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    I'd thought about putting a V8 in the front of my roadster but a little bit of logic and lack of mechanical skill is preventing me from doing so!
    My car, based on a Marina with an 1800TC doesn't like the heat and even with various modifications to the radiator, fans... still doesn't like idling, I'm told this is due to the size of the radiator been considerably smaller than the original item and of course the restriction within the engine compartment doesn't help either. One person I spoke to had 2 radiators, oil coolers and various other things to keep his V8 cabrio cool and until recently he struggled and he has considerable more space than us.
    A V8 really appeals to me (and you obviously) but it probably isn't the wisest in this application. I'm guessing you are looking at the RV8, why not go for something slightly different such as a Lotus 2.0 Twin Cam, the Alfa 2.0 Twin Cam (apparently a choice for original builders), uprated B engine (you could do a Cross-Flow Stage 2 engine) married to a Ford type 9 (?) 'box or a Maestro Turbo lump (apparently impressive but chews up the rear axle)? You'll not only need to replace the engine and 'box but the rear diff/axle I reckon and possibly the brakes...

As for suspension, I'm noticing the similarity between the suspension on the Marina (it uses parts from a Mini as well AFAIK) and the MGB, there are many sites which sell stuff for the MGB (proves handy for the engine in mine.).

For exhausts try JP on 01625 619916 as they do complete custom installs (they just quoted me ~?250 for a new manifold, piping and using the original silcencer).

Comment

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
      If you go the V8 route you'll need to change the rear axle as the Marina /Ital won't handle that torque. I believe the factory V8 option used a 5 link set-up with the axle from a Capri 3 litre. One member has a Lotus twin cam in his with, I think, a Dolomite Sprint axle.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Ollie
        EBAY

Comment

Hows that V8 going ?
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
          X