Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice about my Cabrio carb set up....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice about my Cabrio carb set up....

Message originally posted by: Mike Woodley
    I need some advice. I have built a Cabrio with a Rover V8 engine. The engine has a standard cam and twin SU H1F6 carbs. The air filters are Pipercross with Marlin tubular exhaust manifolds.

My problem is knowing which needles to use in the carbs. They are currently BAK as per Rover spec but different sources advise different needles, either BAF, BAC or BBW. Has anyone changed needles in this type of engine carburettor set up? Any advice would be gratefully

Re: Need some advice about my Cabrio carb set up....

The only way in my experience to get this right with the new free flow exhausts and air filters is to get the car on a rolling road. There is an excellent company in Bristol called interpro who did a great job on my highly modified 205 Gti.
    The tel number is 01454 412777
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Thanks very much for the info Jon

There's a local rolling road at Tipton St John that has a very good reputation. I was just trying to avoid the expense. Thanks again.

Comment

Just a quick update.I have put BAF needles in the SU's.There is much more power mid & top end of the rev range,although i feel it still has more to give. Will keep you all posted.I intend to take Jon's advice and put the car on a rolling road.

Comment

Working...
        X