Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Hi all
    On a previous thread "performance", Mike Gouldsborough mentioned he insured his kit car with the other family cars. I'm in a simular position, so if your on Mike, or any one else knows who to see with regards to this I would be most gratefull; as my Berlis almost back from the dead after it's short trip into a dyke! cheers

Re: Insurance

Hi Pete
    Just caught up with your note on insurance. I deal with a very helpful agency called Backford Bloor. They have a web-site if you search on Google. Their telephone number is 0151 356 8776.

I don't have the paperwork with me at my office, so if you have any problem put another note on the site. I think the insurance company is something like KLM, but the essence of the policy is that the kit is the main car, with the family wagon and any others being attached. Each car maintains its own history, but you pay all cars in one lump sum. There might be instalments, but I didn't pursue this.

My fairly recent renewal premium for the Berli + Nissan Primera + Mercedes A-class was around £550. In the past, I have paid about £600 just for the 2 saloons. Location and accident history etc would probably have an effect on this. So, give BB a try. Their office seems to be run by very nice & helpful women - so can't be bad!

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    MIke

Comment

Hi again Pete
      Just dug some info out of my files. I got the insurance company slightly wrong - they are KGM @ Lloyds. Also found another telephone number for Backford Bloor = 0151 356 7451. They have an e-mail: [email protected]

Would be interested to know if BB can save you some money.

Cheers
      Mike

Comment

Just a quick note to say thanks for the info. I got finally got insured today with BB thanks to your guidence Mike and another of your very helpfull ladies at BB. She even rung me back as she promised to do! Dont know if it's a good deal or not yet as I only insured the Berli as the Landrover and Merc arnt due till the end of the year but she did confirm they could be added on then. As I say I didnt bother ringing around as I was happy with £150 for my Post code area. It's a nice village really but it shares the first three letters with Preston. Ho hum! Anyway thanks again, MOT passed now so just the free tax to pick up once I get my Insurance docs. Oh and the idiots at the DVLC to deal with, if THEY ever ring me back. Lets see its been three months, and counting; so must be about to ring me back any .... decade soon? :-)

Comment

Hi again Pete
          Just a breakdown on the £550 premium I pay. Being near Stevenage in Hertfordshire, my Berli is around £100, with our 2 regular cars splitting the £450 remaining.

I am just about to set-up an agreed value arrangement with KGM, which requires me to send them 6 photos and a completed form. The latter has to be rubber-stamped by an 'expert', which my local village garage is quite willing to go along with. My Berli's value will be set around £4k value, which gives me some peace of mind should the car ever end up written-off! As I understand it from BB, there is no charge for the agreed value arrangement. So it looks like there is everything to gain from a little bit of effort at this stage. BB sent me the application form by the way.

Cheers
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X