Radio aerial problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio aerial problems

Having just rebuilt my Berli's dashboard (photos available if interested), I left a space for a radio/cassette. Why cassette instead of CD model? Well, I have loads of cassettes and very few disks. Another benefit was that I was able to buy a brand-new Blaupunkt unit for less than 30 quid off e-Bay!

Now in the process of fitting the radio, I realised that the original aerial installation was a bit dodgy and didn't work. It is sited at the rear, with numerous bodges to extend the wiring to the front of the car.

So I thought, what if I move the aerial to the front? Two questions arose: where to site the aerial, and how to neatly plug the old 25mm dia hole in the rear wing.

Plugging the hole is easy with a rubber grommet, but will look naff. So I thought that either a club badge (funny place to put a badge, you might say)or an additional flashing indicator lamp (and then I would have to drill a 2nd hole on the other side to fit a matching lamp).

Any ideas folks?
    Cheers
    Mike

Re: Radio aerial problems

Mike,
    See the ancient entry "Car Radio" from 02 Oct 2005.
    It is still in the list of messages.

How about fitting a small LED reversing lamp in the hole?

Cheers for now,
    Dane
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Mike,
      Have you thought about buying an extension cable and scrapping the old one, you will have to make sure you earth the aerial if the aerial is mounted on fibre glass, just a thought!!
      Terry

Comment

My local car discount shop solved the problem by chance - they offered a proper extension lead for about £4! I went for the longest at 4.5 metres, and surprisingly there was not much spare on this length plus the original metre or so, fed under the nearside carpet.

So I put the original aerial in the hole next to the boot-lid, and bingo a brilliant reception on the Blaupunkt radio, even inside my garage when I first switched it on!

Thanks guys for your responses.
        Cheers
        MIke

Comment

Working...
        X