Spare wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel

Has anyone successfully fitted a spare wheel AND used the Marlin fiberglass cover? If so what size wheel did you use? Nothing we (the currently active Sportster builders) can find will fit. I guess the Sportster has the same spare wheel arrangement as the Cabrio so I though I would ask you guys as well...

Cheers, Robin
    Cheers

Robin

Re: Spare wheel

Hi Robin

I used a space saver 15" wheel from a ford focus which is a get you home emergency up to 50mph max job but had the 4 x 108 spacing I needed. Fits under the wheel cover really well and has the advantage of being lighter compared to a full size wheel. Bought it off flea bay, stated as used but it had never been on, came complete with michelin unused tyre, cost me £20 if I remember rightly.

Stud spacing may not do the sporster if its BMW based but there must be space saver wheels which will do the job as almost every car uses them nowadays.

Cheers

John

Comment

Re: Spare wheel

The E46 year 2000 323 CI uses a space saver(not sure about size but it looks ridiculous on my car at the moment(another bloody puncture!)If you want I will measure it tommorrow!
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
      X