X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marina front tie rods

Message originally posted by: Tom Ainsworth
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know how the front tie rods should be set up? I have just fitted new Superflex bushes and tightened the bush nut to the same relative position but the old rubber ones were so worn I dont trust the previous setting!
    Any clues?

Re: marina front tie rods

I've recently replaced them on my Marlin (after having to find new tie-rods as well) and simply tightened up I could tighten no more.

The brochure suggested that you put them in hot water to soften them up, but I didn't need to (I did it on one of the few warm days we've had this year) and have driven the car all over (roughly 1000 miles) with no drama.

Comment

Likewise - just tightened them up as far as they go, and they've survived several years of trialling!

Comment

Message originally posted by: tom ainsworth
        thanks guys - will try

Comment

Ive converted the tie rods to rose joints each end and this made a marked difference to the steering in general but steering under braking was much improved as there is now no moving back of the upright on braking reducing the castor angle which makes the steering very light
          Roadster 2l Fiat

Comment

Hugh,
            I have been thinking about fitting rose bearing rod ends to the tie rods for some time to maintain castor angle under all conditions, particularly heavy breaking, but hadn't realised that someone has already done it. Before I go off and do my own design I would be interested in any details, drawings, sketches etc that you might have. What size rose joints did you fit? I was thinking of 8 or 10mm.

Comment

Hi Geoff, if you've an e-mail address I'll send you some photos and other details.
              Hugh

Comment

Hi, Geoff,
                Since no reply, if you don't want to give out your e-mail address you can contact me on 0279(at)fsmail.net
                If anyone else wants the drawings and photos, do likewise
                Hugh.

Comment

Hello Hugh,

I would appreciate details/photos of your tie rod mod.My e-mail address is geoff.grumble(at)tinyworld.co.uk.

Cheers

Comment

Message originally posted by: Jeff Ganderton
                    Hello Hugh I would appreciate info of your mods to tie rods photos and details please many thanks jeff my e-mail is ganderton(at)blueyonder.co.uk

Comment

Message originally posted by: Lindsey Hall
                      Tom

I would be grateful if you could let me know the particular bushes you used. I am trying to get a Roadster back on the road (after 8 years) with Marina suspension and need new tie rod bushes.

Thanks

Lindsey Hall

Comment

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/manranges.asp?code=105

Choose 'Rover' then 'Marina' - it even mention Marlin on the page

?3.09 each

Comment

Working...
                        X