Cabrio Clutch Pedal Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio Clutch Pedal Spring

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement clutch pedal spring. It fits round the pedal pivot and just helps to return the pedal to it's start position. Is it a Marlin part? according to my friendly Ford parts man it's not a Sierra part.

Re: Cabrio Clutch Pedal Spring

Puzzled - certainly for my Cabrio the clutch/brake/throttle came straight from the Sierra.
    Have you tried a scrap yard?

Comment

Chris, Thanks - No I've not tried a breakers yard. My Cabrio is Cabrio No1 built by Paul Moorhouse in the early 1990s and was the Marlin demonstrator featured in the magazines at the time. The pedals, I'm pretty sure are not Sierra, I think they are purpose made, maybe on my particular car the factory did something different.

Comment

Hi Martin, The V8 did not use the Ford pedals. The pedals were made by Marlin. Any spiral type spring could be used and attached above the pedal. To pull it up. The other thought,look at any scrap car that has a hydraulic clutch and see if they use a similar spring to yours.
        Regards
        Danny.

Comment

Hello Chris,
          The early Cabrio had a special pedal set only used on V8, when Paul Moorhouse sold the business to prsent oweners, they changed the pedal set used.
          I have done 280,000 miles on my V8 to date (since Oct 92-Chassis No 22) and I am still using the first pedal set. But I am looking to replace some other type in the mild of a rebuild.
          So far I looked at Rally Design ones.

Comment

Thanks Guys. I've ordered a torsion spring from Associated Springs. I'll keep you posted as to whether it does the trick.

Comment

Martin

Did you sort your pedal return spring?

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X