Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I be shoehorned into a SWB Roadster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I be shoehorned into a SWB Roadster?

Message originally posted by: Ian King
    I thinking of getting a Marlin, and would much prefer a SWB Roadster over a LWB version.

I tried sitting in one at Newark (thanks to a club member) but my eyeline was at the top of the windscreen surround. I'm 6ft (ish).

I've read about a factory option to make room for taller drivers, but can that be retrofitted to existing cars? Are there known seats that make things easier.

Thanks for your time, and I will join as soon as I'm reasonably convinced I can drive one comfortably.

Cheers
    Ian

Re: Can I be shoehorned into a SWB Roadster?

I'm up in Newcastle and have a LWB Marina based Roadster, you are welcome to have a sit in it and a poke about if you want...

email me via www.stefancarlton.net (the car is on there)

Comment

And it would have helped to say I'm 6ft (ish ) and not exactly small in frame

Comment

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
        Unless you want to drive with you're knees round your ears I would suggest that you consider a long wheelbase. I?m 5-9/5-10 with a SWB but I can't drive straight legged even with seat fully back. Having said, that my son 6ft plus has been known to borrow my marlin and forget to return it!!!

Comment

I have a SWB roadster in Newcastle and you are welcome to come and try, I even have a shoehorn. email me on tony.branson(at)boltblue.com

Comment

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
            If you're convinced that SWB is for you, mine?s for sale, built by me 11years ago. Reason----fancy a Cabrio. Spec too long to list. Ring for details 01332 753000

Comment

I've had a SWB for 16 years and is perfectly comfortable for me at 6'2" (it was my daily driver, rain and shine, for the first couple of years of owership) The factory 'mod' is a couple of steel trays to lower the floor where the seat bolt in - I bought them but never bothered to fit as it's fine the way it is.

Comment

Working...
              X