Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die cast model of a Marlin Roadster

Message originally posted by: Gareth Hawkes
    I am trying to find a die cast model of a Marlin Roadster for a friend of mine who has the kit car. He has been after one for ages and it would be nice to get him one for Christmas but I cannot find one anywhere. Can someone help me please.

Re: Die cast model of a Marlin Roadster

Message originally posted by: Owen Hawkes
    Not any real help I'm afraid and certainly too late for this christmas, but last year I spotted a diecast model that looked so like a hard top Berlinetta in Mogan market in Gran Canaria that I had to have it. It was in fact a 1/38 scale of Mercedes SS-308-4, one that is powered by pulling it back and releasing it. Unfortunately it was the only one in the whole market or I would have bought several. It only needed the removal of a central windscreen pillar and a reworked radiator to be a passable look alike. With the careful removal of the hard top it could be made to look like a Roadster. There is no manufacturers identity except "Made in China". I have not looked in the UK, but if anyone is willing to search and put in some intricate filing and painting I am sure there must be similar diecast models available cheaply in the UK.

Comment

I have a BBurago (Italy) model of a Merc. SSK which with a little bit of reworking makes a very passable model of a Roadster.
      It's a metal diecast kit about 7" long and should be available from model shops

Comment

Look at http://www.fortunecity.de/hockenheim/mansell/395/ssk/ssk.htm
        1928 SSK Roadster
        Hugh

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don Sayers
          Or you could follow full size practice, "Vanguard" do a very good model of a Morris Marina you could use as a donor.....(sorry)

Comment

I have just bought a 1933 Alfa Romeo 2300 and a 1931 Alfa 2300 from the USA of which is 99% the same as a Marlin Roadster, I have slightly modified the front side wings and front cover in front of the radiator and it is 99.9% spot on. Today I have just bought a Alfa 1750cc sport and it is almost 99% spot onas a marlin. I have seen a Mercedes Benz 1931 sskl and it is also very close.

Regards....Bob

Comment

Working...
            X