Diff Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff Mounting

I am about to replace the rear(ford - bolts onto back of diff )diff mounting plate, on V8.
    Does anyone have any thoughs about other types available - methods.

Re: Diff Mounting

Hi Paul. Talk to Mark at Marlin Cars. He fitted an upgraded mounting to my V8 Hunter. From memory it uses a U-channel containing two polyflex bushes which gives a much more positive location than the Ford part. However if you want to stay Ford I have a brand new OE Ford D-shaped rear mount which I bought for my Sierra 2.0GL(deceased)which you can have for the cost of the postage. Apparently they do vary a bit so let me know the part number and I will check the label. Peter.

Comment

Peter
      I'll take it off your hands if Paul doesn't - my addres/contact details are in 'Pitstop'. Thanks Alan

Comment

Hi Alan. I will bear it in mind. Marlin Cars aren't back until 5th Jan so will wait to hear Paul's reply. Meantime the part number (finis code) for my rear mount is 1640414. Peter.

Comment

Hello Peter,
          Thankyou for the kind offer of the diff mounting plate,I have replaced the mounting plate once before.I will let you know the part number of the one I have.
          I did discuss the problem with Paul Moorehouse , when he gave my cabrio a look over in Oct 92 just after it was built and just before he sold Marlin.

I did discuss it with Terry at Marlin yesterday (5 Jan 09) and she wanted an e-mail outlining my requirments,I am awaiting her reply.

Regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul. I have just stuck my camera under my Hunter and attach two rather scrappy photos taken of my (now a bit rusty) diff mount. It is a two part assembly. One is a bracket which sort of mimics the Ford part and the other is a channel that bolts to the back of the diff through existing holes. The two are located together with Supaflex type bushes. Hope this helps. P.S. Have a look at my V8 book post on the Miscellaneous section of the forum :-)Peter.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Peter,
              Thankou for the attached pictures.

Regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Peter,
                I am still waiting to hear from Marlin about the uprated mounting plate.
                Regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Peter,
                  I have received a reply for Marlin "Sorry Paul can't help you as we don't have patterns any more and to make a one off would cost you a lot of money".
                  I will take you up on your offer of a mounting plate.
                  My e-mail is follows [email protected].
                  Regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul.
                    Drop me an email and I will send it off to you. On second thoughts are you going to the Winter Shindig in Derby? If you are, and can wait that long, then I can bring it with me. Peter.

Comment

If anyone is wondering about the last reply the Winter Shindig is now at the Menzies Mickleover Court Hotel, Derby owing to an almight cock-up at the Menzies Stourport Manor Hotel! Directions to Mickleover are on their website.
                      Regards Liz

Comment

Hi Paul. The email that I sent you came back as undeliverable. Yes I did omit the last "." in the email address :-) Peter.

Comment

Hi Paul. Received your email ok today. Will post the diff mount off to you in the next couple of days. When you receive it just check the postage and send me a cheque to cover. That will be ok. Peter.

Comment

Working...
                          X