Cabrio wishbone bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio wishbone bushes

I am in the process of overhauling the front suspension, I have replaced the bushes with Poly ones on the lower arm. I want to replace the wishbone bushes with poly ones but do not know what to order to replace them, I seem to remember that the originals were Cortina void bushes.
    Does anyone know what Ford part number they were so I can order these from Burton Power or similar.

Re: Cabrio wishbone bushes

Steve
    According to my build manual the bushes for the wishbone are SPF 0770 in Superflex form priced at £10.98 each x 4

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I had not thought of checking the dimensions against the lower track arm inner bush to compare.
      I had a look at the Superflex site and had a flashback when I found the "cotton reel" bushes for the Cortina, this seemed to ring a bell. My Chassis was supplied at the end of 1999, maybe different years had different bushes.
      I will have to look into this some more.

Comment

Hi Alan
        Removed the old cotton reel bushes from the wishbone and measured everything, the dimensions are the same as the lower track control arm inner bush, so will be using them for replacements.

Comment

Hi Just back from Aus so sorry forthe delay.
          I tried Poly-bushes as you suggest but found the roll bar bushes resulted in very hard and noisy handling. So I changed them back to Standard Sierra ones.
          Chees
          Derek

Comment

Hi Derek
            I noticed that you found the roll bar bushes gave a hard and noisy ride, did you still replace all the other bushes on the suspension with satisfactory results?
            Cheers
            Steve

Comment

Sorry I havn't replied.
              I used all new bushes, Polyushes for the outer ends of the track control arms and Standard Ford ones for the roll bar brackets. It all seems to work OK.
              Have you checked your toe-in front and rear?

Comment

Hi Derek
                I have not measured toe-in yet, the car is off the road at the moment for engine work and suspension bush changing, once done, I will look at the toe-in, especially the rear. I have been following the thread on this with interest.
                I am flying over from New Zealand and will be at the Newark Kitcar show, at this time I will be attending on the Sunday, I hope to get some more info on the toe-in solution as well as pick up a few spares.
                I also have a rover V8 I am considering transplanting for my Cologne 2.3 V6, so will be after more advice on that as well.

regards Steve

Comment

Hi Steve
                  Thats fine I doubt I will be at Newark, but if you are around thw NW drop in and see us, or I can email you some pictures of my V8 in position.
                  Cheers
                  Derek
                  [email protected]

Comment

Hi Derek
                    Will be visiting the North West, well the lake district anyway to visit an elderly relative, although I think you mean North Wales?
                    Some images of the installation may be handy, I need to gather as much info as I can to decide if the V8 is going in. Engine changes in cars here require another certification, might not be worth the effort, time will tell.
                    regards Steve

Comment

Hi Steve. I will be at Newark. Are there any Club goods you want? Regards Liz

Comment

Working...
                      X