MOT Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Fail

OK, some things are easy to fix but others.....
    Rear Brake lights sticking on - easy
    front headlamp aim - straightforward
    Front Brake imbalance - hmmm, not sure what to do about this
    Rear springs damaged by excessive heat - damnit - thats the build process!

OK, so clearly I need new springs for the back and I can see a few old threads for custom made ones and apex ones - anyone got any feedback on their rear springs for me?

Will be asking Marlin if they still heat them and shorten them too - clearly be warned anyone who was thinking of trying it!

and anyone any bright ideas of front brake imbalance?

cheers
    Andy
    L48 DUE - BMW sportster from an E36 325

Re: MOT Fail

Hi Andy. Not sure of the age / condition of your brakes (i.e. uneven disc wear / contamination) but suggest first of all bleed the brakes. Do the front O/Side first(shortest brake line)then N/S/F followed by rears. Give the rears a couple of bleed sequences to make sure you purge the fluid right through to the rear wheel cylinders.

Possibly siezed caliper piston? Curiously I had a siezed front caliper on both my old Sierra and my Marlin Hunter. In both cases the brakes still pulled up square but worth a check anyway.

Make sure the automatic adjusters are free and working correctly on the rear brakes, including a check on the handbrake adjustment! Gagages often tighten this to incorrectly fix excessive handbrake travel. All that does is prevent the levers returning to their stop position so the automatic adjusters stop working completely. Set exactly to the Haynes manual. Peter.

Comment

Working...
    X