Rear Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Springs

Has anybody come across a situation where the rear spring hanger does not hold the spring away from the chassis.The nearside is ok, but whatever I try the offside rear rear spring eye touches the chassis leg . It is a Marina based lwb roadster no modifications have been done to the rear,but it has got three leaf rear springs. Any suggestions

Re: REAR SPRINGS

Three things to think on,
    If the eye if forward if the hanger[which is unlikely] then the spring is not loaded enough,
    If rearward of the eye then it has lost its set and gone "flat",
    If still has a good set, the leaf with the eye may be broken in the middle where the bolt goes through and has effectively stretched.
    Hope this is of some help.

Comment

Re: Rear Springs

Thanks for your swift reply Hugh, the spring eye is on the chassis forward of the spring hanger, could it be that the three leaf springs are too strong therefore the weight of the vehicle is not sufficient to load the spring,I wish i had the answer, possibly I might change O/S to N/S and see if I transfer the problem.

Comment

Re: REAR SPRINGS

Message originally posted by: Hugh
        Do they look the same set? Is one longer than the other?
        I've just checked mine[short w/b] and I took the bottom leaf out as they were too solid when I built it. I'm not sure if the van springs were thicker material or just more leafs?

Comment

Working...
        X