Rubber extrusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber extrusion

I'm looking for a supplier for some U-section rubber extrusion to go around the outside of the wings to get the radius within SVA tollerances, any ideas? it ideally needs to be 5mm internal size. I've looked at the Woolies site and they have some with 1.5 and 2mm internal size (which would do to edge the bonnet.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Re: Rubber extrusion

Hi Chris. There is a chap who goes to all the Kit Car shows who is based in Uffculme and has loads of this sort of stuff. His hand-out is on a sheet of blue A5 paper which I cannot find at present as I have just had a clear up! I will let you know if I find it. Meantime have a look at www.carbuildersolutions.co.uk as they do some self grip edging up to 5mm panel thickness. If the "grippy bit" is rubber it would be removable later ;-) without damage as long as the paint is really hard. Peter.

Comment

Chris
      Have a look at www.sealsplusdirect.co.uk

Comment

Hi Chris,
        For even MORE choice have a look at www.coh-baines.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the info. Bits ordered from carbuildersolutions. They were most helpful for suggesting what extrusion to use.
          Now to try to get the car ready before 29th April when the SVA becomes IVA and the price goes from £160 to £500!

Comment

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/

Comment

Are you sure you need rubber on the wings. I didnnt need it, but i took lengths of seal from old sierra door frames(metal mesh core and fabric/rubber outer in case. good luck

Comment

I think you need it on the front edge of the wings unless you radius the sharp edge
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X