Cost for Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost for Paint Job

The time has come to start thinking about getting some quotes for having the Cabrio sprayed...

Does anyone know what kind of cost I should expect? I'm not looking for a concourse finish but don't want a bodge job either

To keep the price reasonable I'll obviously try and do most of the prep work myself

Also, can anyone recommend a good body shop? (preferably somewhere in the Midlands)

Thanks

Simon

Re: Cost for Paint Job

Simon
    have seen a firm advertising in classic car mags-goes under the name 'Kolorshack'- in Walsall west midlands I believe-01922 457922. Might be of help.

Comment

Ask Lee...

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/forum.php?read=11165&cat=1

Comment

Hi Simon,
        I have just had my Berli painted in Matalic grey and it cost me £650. Work I did was removing all the body panels, the paint shop removed the old paint off the panels, etch primed them and paint and lacured them and lastly polished them. I am more than happy with the results photos due to arrive on here soon

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of the Berli (I'm also thinking of metallic grey for the Cabrio).

I got some quotes on Friday and have decided to get the car sprayed professionally. I did seriously consider spraying it myself but think that by the time I'd finished that summer would also be over...!

So this weekend I started to strip the car down with the aim of getting the car to the spray shop shortly after Easter.

Simon

Comment

The car is now back from the sprayers and I've managed to get it back together without any major incidents to the bodywork!

I've put some more photos on my Flickr site for those that are interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marlin_bmw_cabrio/3713499768/

I've got my eye on some nice new alloys though, but can't decide whether to go 16" or 17"... Although I like the look of the 17" wheels I think the ride will be better with the 16" (the tyres are cheaper for the 16" wheels too).

Simon

Comment

Working...
            X