Sportster Brake Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster Brake Master Cylinder

After a bit of struggle I have obtained a Sierra Brake Master cylinder almost identical to the one used by Marlin.

On the Sierra the brake reservoir fits directly to the top but Marlin use a remote reservoir. The cylinder has two large holes with rubber washers in them, to connect to the Ford Reservoir.

Two questions:

How do you connect and seal flexible pipes to the cylinder from the remote reservoir?

Is it possible to fit a Sierra reservoir directly?

Many thanks.

Jeremy Ward

Re: Sportster Brake Master Cylinder

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
    You may want to try someone like Merlin motorsport or Goodridge. They supply cylinders/remote reservoirs/hoses so should be able to advise

Comment

I have used the original beemer article with a metro servo and it all fits fine. I believe that the remote reservoir connections just push into the rubber grommetts as if the reservoir were sitting atop the cylinder. I am about to do this myself but dont want to fix too much above the chassis line until I have body panels in place as I want to make sure I am maximising the available height and want to avoid re-fixing as far as possible.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try the simple, push in solution first as my the master cylinder from my donor (a Z3) will not fit the Metro master cylinder.

Jeremy Ward

Comment

Working...
        X