Protecting rollover bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting rollover bar

I recently had my rollover bar resprayed and de-rusted and had to do some touch up as the roof damaged the paint within a few days.

What do people here use to protect the rollover bar (assuming you put the roof up ) as I really don't want to damage it too much. I'm using a piece of cloth as a temporay measure but am thinking about something like Stone Guard (the clear plasticity stuff).

Any ideas?

Re: Protecting rollover bar

Stefan,
    When I fitted the roof to my car I made sure the material was wrapped completely around the GRP locating bar so that there was no GRP showing. This has no detremental effect on function. I am to assume that in your case it is the rough side of the GRP that is causing the damage.
    My rollover is painted metalic silver with 3 coats of lacquer which has not suffered from any damage.
    Try glueing some cloth to the bar, using high strength impact adhesive.
    Hope this helps.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Re: Protecting rollover bar

Hi,
      The GRP is actually fully covered in the Vinyl, I'm using cloth at the moment, just laid on the bar before putting the roof on but would prefer a more permenant solution. (and yes, I'm still using it as my daily driver and the roof rarely stays on when I'm driving about Get some funny looks I must admit!)

Comment

Working...
      X