Cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio

After much searching, I have now bought a part completed LWB Cabrio which has great potential.

So now the questions start. First, the car has got the Sierra external door handles fitted which are pretty clunky looking. Can anyone comment on alternative handles that they have used on Cabrios, I am happy to mod the door as needed but don't really want to have to form an oval indent in the door skin due to the hassles of welding alumimium. Any suggestions or pictures gratefully received.

John

Re: Cabrio

Sorry this is well after your original enquiry, I should look on here more often. PC's been out of action for months, that's my excuse, and I'm on a friend's now. I thought the Sierra handles could be improved on, and Marlin do some stainless escutcheon plates which help. I looked at all sorts of cars for better handles, even buying some Jaguar ones. Trouble with these and most others is the depth of them, the Marlin doors are quite shallow, and you need to leave room for the window glass. Really there is little alternative to surface mounted handles like the Sierra, unless you go for old style ones such as sold by Europa. These could pose a problem with the linkages in the door, and in passing SVA. My solution was to mould some surrounds for the handles from resin/fibreglass in plastic food boxes. Can give more details or you can come and have a look as you are close by - likewise for any other queries, I see you have a few posted! Should also be at Stoneleigh with the beast.

Comment

Hi Dave

Thanks for the offer, I am intending to go to Stoneleigh so can have a look while I'm down there. Do you know which day your going?. If its not possible to see you at the show I'd appreciate a chat, any chance you could mail me a contact number so I could give you a ring, you can send it off list to cocobolaATbtopenworld.com

Cheers

John

Comment

Hi John
        Should be there Sun & Mon, may even arrive Sat evening.
        Cheers - Dave

Comment

Working...
        X