Rivnut Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivnut Gun

Can anyone recommend a reasonable rivet nut gun capable of setting ally and steel rinvuts up to 6mm

Thanks

Robin

Re: Rivnut Gun

Message originally posted by: Ben Caswell
    Unless you pay ?80 quid for top notch tool from a company like Frost(www.frost.co.uk) ypu will probably end up with the one sold at shows etc.It has a blue hammer finish and comes with 4 heads and a few rivets. Packaged in various supplier packs.
    It works OK but dont squeeze the rivet any harder than necesary or you will snap the reverse thread mandrel. If you only have a couple to do, it is possible to use a bolt with a nut on it and a couple of washers in between the nut and the rivet. Then with two spanners hold the bolt and tighten the nut up to the rivet.

Comment

I bought mine from tifosi and seems excellent bt have only used a few times so far.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
        get in touch with Patrick at www.toolsnstuff.co.uk as he'll have/be able to get what you need

Comment

There is a very good Rivnut system sold by "Make ends meet".
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

The website for the tool that Dane mentions is
            http://www.memfast.co.uk
            I bought one at Westpoint last year but haven't tried it yet. It is very well made, spare parts are available and it will fit into awkward places that the types with hand levers won't! I have heard that the cheap tools don't last very long. Like most things you gets what you pays for!. Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X