Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key-cutting or supply

Guys
    My Hunter came with only 1 set of keys: boot, petrol cap, engine compartment, ignition/door & security fob.

I suspect that I can get most of them copied at a High Street shop, but am not sure about the round ignition/door key + the security fob. The original owner confirmed that she lost the spare set.

Anyone had experience and/or trouble sorting out a spare set? The security fob is a pain to use, and I wish I could get rid of it. In the meantime, I had better get a duplicate.

Any ideas, guys?

Cheers
    Mike

Re: key-cutting or supply

If the ignition key is a Ford one without a coloured part then your Ford garage could supply a new one easily.
    The other keys could be probably copied in a high street shop, but you will have to approach the manufacturer of the alram/immobiliser to get a duplicate of the fob.

Comment

Hi Chris
      That's similar to my thoughts. I suspect that my only problem area is the fob. I've no idea who made the immobiliser system. (Does it work as an alarm as well?) What's the bet that I don't get any answers if I approach Marlin?

I'm half tempted to glue the fob in its socket. Not sure if the system would work then. Anybody any ideas on the fob or the alarm company?

Cheers
      Mike

Comment

Chris
        Took sponge out of fob-socket, so now fob can stay in socket until I want to make the car extra thief-proof. Solves the problem of the daft start-up procedure as well!

Got the petrol-cap and boot-lid keys cut, but shop didn't have a spare blank for the engine lids. Was pleased to learn that the Ford Ignition/door key can be copied, but the key-shop guy said their equipment was bust. "When will it be fixed?" I asked - "sometime never" was the response.

So will be trotting around another key-shop or three, knowing how things go.

Cheers
        Mike

Comment

Mike
          Your Ford garage may be able to supply you with a key. My donor Sierra came with only one key and I took it to the spares department, the chap looked at the key and muttered up-down-down-up-up and went of and got a new one, just like that.
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X