Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabrio seats

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
    Looking to fit more comfortable seats to my cabrio, the existing ones don't suit my slim frame! Anyone got the MARLIN tilt /recline. Comments and suggestions required please

Re: cabrio seats

Hi Alan

Which / whose seats have you got fitted at the moment, I need to buy a set for my Cabrio soon and would be interested to know which you have found too narrow. Is the problem on the seat base or back or just in general?.

By the way is your car a short or long wheel base.

Regards

John

Comment

Hi John
      My Cabrio is a SWB,don't know exactly what make of seats I have as I'm not the cars builder but they look a lot like Richfields tilt and recline but an older design than their present ones .The problem for me is I'm of slight build and they don't have enough side support/wraparound at the back,other than that they are ok.Where are you located? I'm in Derby if you wanted a look at mine before you purchase or I could maybe e mail pictures to give you some idea.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Adam
        I have the standard Marlin leather tilt/recline seats,they look the part and are fairly comfortable.If these are a bit too expensive, how about trying some Recaro seats from a Capri?

Comment

Message originally posted by: Un-named
          Hi Alan

I am located in Leeds so not exactly local to you,if you do get chance to drop me a mail with some pictures that would be most useful. I am on a broadband connection so the size of the picture is not an issue. You can use cocobola(at)btopenworld.com

Cheers

Comment

Hi Adam

Do you know if the recaro seats from a Capri will fit?, I used to have a 2.8i many moons ago, I recall the seats being good from memory. Have you seen these fitted to a Cabrio?

Regards

John

Comment

Hi John,
              Ref 2.8 Capri seats in Cabrio.
              As I write this I am sat in a Capri fishnet recaro seat(fixed to an office chair base!) The approx dimensions are as follows;
              width at base-- 22 inches
              width at kidneys-- 20 inches
              width at shoulders-- 17 inches
              Obviously,subframe/runner fixings/mountings would have to be persuaded to fit.
              Hope this info helps.
              Best regards,
              Adam

Comment

Hi Adam

Sounds like you must have a fast paced office environment if you need a Recaro to keep it on the rails!!.

Thanks for the dimensions on the Recaros, I guess it all revolves around how much it would cost to get them recovered in leather, as finding any in new condition is unlikely I would think. I seem to recall the Marlin seats were over ?600 in leather which is a fair whack. Any chance you could let me have the same dimensions you provided put for the Marlin seats you have fitted as I assume they will have been designed to be as large as possible but still fit the car. How long have you had them in your Cabrio and what do you think of the quality?. Do you know if they are a one off for Marlin or are they from Corbeau or somebody??

Regards

John

Comment

Hi John,
                  I will send dimensions for the standard(!) Marlin leather seats next time I get 5 minutes. These seats have been in my swb Cabrio/Hunter since day one.The car was originally factory built.Quality seems fairly good - ten years use with very little visible wear and tear.Comfort again ok, but not quite up to Recaro standards.There is a slight possibility I may be able to acquire a pair of front seats from an Astra GTE convertible - again I will take dimensions
                  Regards,
                  Adam

Comment

Hi Adam

I will wait to hear from you.

You can contact me here, at the forum or at john.tootle(at)btopenworld.com

Regards

John

Comment

Message originally posted by: Adam Farmer
                      Hi John,
                      Apologies for the delay!
                      Dimensions I have taken are as follows;
                      Marlin Leather (Hunter)seats,
                      Width at base is 16.5 inch
                      width at kidneys is 18.5 inch
                      length of base is 21.5 inch
                      length of backrest is 24 inch
                      width at shoulders is 15.5 inch
                      The same measurements for the Astra GTE seats are as follows;
                      Width at base 20.5 inch
                      width at kidneys 20.5 inch
                      length of base 21 inch
                      length of backrest 24 inch
                      width at shoulders 18 inch
                      For both types this does not include headrests
                      If you want the Astra seats, I have been told I can have them for "a couple of pints",but I will need an answer asap as car is going to the knackers yard.I can, of course,get these seats and hold them for you if you wish.I am located in Bournemouth.
                      Hope this info is useful

Comment

Hi Adam

Thanks for the information, I will give some thought to the offer of the recaros and get back to you ASAP. I just need to check out the cost of getting them re-upholstered.

Are the dimensions you have provided to the outside edge of the bolster, ie the max width of the seat or is it the dimension of the seat pad to the inside of the bolsters.

If you could let me know I will take some measurements off the Cabrio to see if they will fit.

Regards

John

Comment

Hi John,
                          All dimensions are edge to edge.The Marlin seats fit snugly between the trans tunnel and door sill,the Astra seats may be a tight squeeze on width.
                          Regards,
                          Adam

Comment

Hi Adam

I've took some measuements off the Cabrio floor pan and I am now pretty certain the Recaro GTE seats won't fit. Thanks for your help and offer of the Recaros, shame they won't go in.

The measurements you provided for the Hunter seats will be most useful as I now know what a potential seat needs to be in terms of size for it to be an ideal fit.

Cheers

John

Comment

Hi John,
                              Best of luck with the build,the two most valuable tools I used during my rebuild were patience and common sense. As I work for an airline ( and yes we fly from LBA!),I did have a ready source of engineers to ask for advice.
                              I look at the forum each time I get ten minutes,so if you have any further questions for me just put them here.

Regards,
                              Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X