Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Rear Axel/Half-shalf Assistance

Message originally posted by: Steve Whitehead
    I have a problem that hopefully someone could point me in a suitable direction. I've had my Roadster (1800 Marina running gear) of the road for a few months sorting some mechanical aspects, and now need to get it through an MOT in the next 2 weeks a I've got to a short notice move to Cornwall(I don't want my wife's solution/wish of selling it here!). The problem is I've a damaged half-shaft right where the inner seal locates, along with a damaged outer seal plate - end result is axel oil now leaks onto brakes. I need to locate and purchase a Marina half-shaft (complete with the plates holding the seal and ideally hub as well) or a complete axel (any ratio will do to get car through the MOT and down to Cornwall where I can sort it out in the new house). I'm not having much luck locally having spent hours phoning around and surfing the internet - please can anyone help me or point me in the right direction??? Is there an axel from another more availible car that can be easily substituted? Please can anyone help me?

Many thanks,

Steve

Re: Marina Rear Axel/Half-shalf Assistance

Try Steve Holder (Fourtune Engineering) on 01242 680620 or mob 0973 128189. He does trial's conversions on early Marlin's, including axle swops to 10cwt van. He may still have my old saloon axle kicking about.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
      Steve,
      I have a spare halfshaft for sale,see classifieds

Comment

Message originally posted by: Steve Whitehead
        Many thanks for the info Gents. A bloke locally has given me a Triumph Dolomite 1850cc half-shaft & hub which are directly interchangable. Just completed the job & refitted the axel tonight - MOT Saturday!!!

Comment

Working...
        X