Welcome to the world G854 UAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the world G854 UAM

Made it to DVLA Bristol and got the Cabrio registered.

Total waste of time and money though. I had to trailer it there, and the inspector looked at the VIN number and that was it. Well bugger me if the VIN number isn't on the IVA MAC form for heavens sake. Cost me a total of £180 to hire a trailer, tow car and fuel.

Piccie attached. Note the Numberplate bolts are also the lights.... Rest looks a bit scruffy as I'me getting ready to paint it. I may go play a bit first it will be taxed from 1 october
    Attached Files

Re: Welcome to the world G854 UAM

Well done for getting it registered though. The lights are very natty!

Comment

OH come on Cris More details about those very neat number plate lights I assume they passed the IVA
      Well done, enjoy
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

The lights came from CarBuilderSolutions.
        Unfortunately the lights used for the IVA test have seemed to have fallen off along with some trim that got the front/rear mudguards through the radius test. Must be some kind of shoddy workmanship

Comment

I don't believe it!!!!!!!!!!

After a month no V5 had turned up so I phoned Swansea. After a bit of discussion it turned out they had the totally wrong address.... Initially they claimed it was my fault as I must have filled out the V55 incorrectly, and wanted a £25 fee to correct it.
          I pointed out that they had managed to send 3 items of correspondence to the correct address, and since I had filled out only ONE form it was LIKELY they had made the mistake. They asked me to send in a V62 with a covering letter explaining why the fee should be waived.

Today the V5 turned up. It seems I own a blue Sierra 5 door hatchback and not a green Marlin Cabrio!

Comment

Hi Chris. Derek Jones had all sorts of problems when he was registering his Cabrio. I think it was covered in Pitstop several years ago. Regards Liz

Comment

Logbooks saga continues, but it is getting closer by approximation.

I've got the panels back from painting and nearly reasssembled evrything. Anyway there are some photos here http://s913.photobucket.com/home/chris_cussen to see

Comment

Working...
              X