Back plates and Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back plates and Calipers

Hi Does anyone know the best place to purchase a pair of Sierra rear back plates for discs and a set of rear calipers. I have tried Ebay but nothing that looks good

Re: Back plates and Calipers

Lee
    Try John at Kit-fit in Newark. he knows his Fords, and sells good quality kit at very reasonable prices.

Did you ever follow up with the recon guage?
    Regards
    Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,
      I will give him a try got some good calipers now just need back plates. again still looking for a gauge but I may have to invest lots of money to speedy cables who say they can repair it.

Comment

Lee
        if you mean the circular pressed piece of tin that keeps the muck away from the disc's, then your Ford main dealer may still hold some stock.(or get them for you)
        I bought two from Ford in 2003 described as "Shield-splash" Ford stock number 1640078 at £5.11 each.

Regards
        Peter

Comment

Hi Lee. I am puzzled. My Hunter doesn't have any splash guards on any of the discs, front or rear. The 2.0 GL Sierra workshop manual doesn't show them either. I had them on my old Mk2 Cortina but not on my Sierra. Do you need them? With wide alloys the discs are so recessed inside the rim I think the bits of tin would just impede cooling? Peter.
          P.S Too wet at the weekend for the photos I promised by email. Will send you some when I can. PL.

Comment

Hi Lee.
            Photos sent to you by email this evening. Pic of front brake shows disc exposed on both sides i.e. no splash guard.
            Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X