Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying Roadster from RHD to LHD

Message originally posted by: Alex Romi
    I have a Roadster on Marina mechanical basis with MGB engine/g-box and twin carbs. I am trying to modify the steering to LHD. Have found a suitable steering rack, but am having trouble in repositioning the pedals and installing the steering column due to bits (especially the carbs) getting in the way. Can't work out how to install the existing power assisted master cylinder and how best to break up the steering column with universals. Anyone out there with advice? Thanks.

Re: Modifying Roadster from RHD to LHD

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    To get rid of the carbs you could get a x-flow head as this puts the SU's on the other side of the car, this apparently adds a hefty slice of torque to the engine as well. You will have to be careful of the clutch operating lever as well.

The other problem you may have is excessive heat from the exhaust header (and exhaust itself) hitting the brake & clutch cylinders and the need for a much shorter clutch pipe... Don't wrap the exhaust in heat-tape or similar as the cast iron heats up too much and snaps very easily.

Sounds like a fun project either way!

Comment

Re: Modifying Roadster from RHD to LHD

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
      Alex,
      Don't know if this is going to be of help.Some years back a certain Reg Nicholls,Ontario,Canada[sorry that's all i have] built a left hand drive Alfa engined roadster.Apparantly photo's and write up are held in the club archives.
      Best Wishes

Comment

Working...
      X