Cabrio radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio radiator

My Cabrio has a Marlin produced radiator fitted and will now not be available!!!. As a spare for the future what other radiator will fit without to many mods involved ?.
    The engine is a Ford Pinto.

Re: Cabrio radiator

Hi Bob. I think you can get your radiator re-cored and refurbished etc so its like a new one. regards Liz

Comment

Thanks Liz.
      But its down time if the radiator is away for a couple of days getting fixed. I like to have parts on the shelf so I can fix and keep going.

Comment

Bob
        Seem to think they were Cortina mk 3/4 for pinto engine car. No longer have a manual available to verify however.

Comment

Bob
          The heavy duty Marlin radiator is based on standard Land Rover header/footer tanks.
          These are commonly available form local radiator manufacturers.
          I had one made and added several extras - elbow inputs, a fan sensor mount, a bleed /overflow at the top of the radiator.
          All for £150 - not cheap, but less than Marlin charge and far better spec.
          If interested have a look at my build sitebelow
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikes_bmw_marlin_cabrio/2476186874/in/set-72157604947773834/
          You can navigate around this site once opened to have a look at the other radiator photos etc
          regards
          Mike

Comment

Hi Bob, Alan is right. Cortina mk 3, 4 or 5 for the 2000cc ohc. Available most of the time as old new stock.
            Danny.

Comment

Hi Bob. I have a spare radiator as I have changed from Ford Pinto to Rover V8 engine. It was working fine when I took it out. You are welcome to it, though as I live in Reading, getting it to you may not be worth the cost.
              Paul

Comment

Paul.
                Thanks for offer, could you email me bobjackson1atsky.com with you contact number to arrange or get my number from pitstop and ring me.

Thanks..Bob

Comment

Bob
                  cortina rads on ebay item nos
                  290405641898 £63
                  330403533447 £57
                  regards john

Comment

Thanks John, I got sorted with a Cortina radiator.

Comment

Working...
                    X