Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front shock absorbers for trials roadster

Hi
    I,m trying to change the front shocks on my roadster. I ordered standard Herald rear shocks from Rimmer but they are 25mm shorter at maximum length than the shocks I have taken off. As I am raising the front suspension this is no good. Has anybody any advice as to what to use other than going to Avo and getting special ones made?
    thanks

Re: front shock absorbers for trials roadster

Message originally posted by: Ollie
    Why do you want to raise it? You may want to look into some Ford shocks and see if you can get any to match up

Comment

Try 'phoning Steve Holder on 01242 680620 - he'll tell you what shocks fit the 'normal' trials-raised front end of one/two/three splines rotation.

Comment

What suspension are you using Triumph or Marina Im a bit confused as to why you ordered rear shocks for the front? If your using Triumph set up on the front you could use the dolomite shock that has its lower spring plate further up the shock so raising the car at the same time.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben - Herald rears were the factory spec for the Marina Roadster front as they incorporate an integral bump stop. Spax part number G211. ?50 a pair from Rimmers (if the website is to be believed) and ?120 a pair from Croydon Race & Rally...guess who'll be getting my custom..!

Roger - check the open/closed lengths for the Herald shocks and see if you can find a listing for something which has slightly larger dimensions. Shouldn't need a custom build given the sheer variety already available.
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

thanks everybody for your replies. The solution seems to be to turn the lower shock absorber bracket round (thanks Steve). A pair of spax from Rimmer is 110.45 according to their web site. You have to type spax after the part number. Sorry Jez.

Comment

Bugger....'er indoors won't wear that at the moment..!
              Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
              Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Working...
              X