Tyre Pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pressures

I would welcome feed back from anybody on what are the best or recommended tyre pressures for a standard road going 1.3 Marina based roadster

Re: Tyre Pressures

I ran my roadster on 18 psi all round[1.3 marina based] any more than 20psi and it will skip around every which way

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
      The advice I recieved from the owner of Kit Car Mag non the less:
      -----
      For comfort, one needs the pressure set low, whilst for performance (and economy) they need to be set high. Somewhere in the middle is where they need to be.

The Pilgrim Sumo Mk1 operated very well on the road with 16psi front and 18psi rear. For driving with attitude on track I?d pump them up to 30psi.

If your tyres complain, they?re telling you they need more air.

What I?m saying is that if they squeal on cornering, they need to be pumped up. On the other hand you don?t want them too hard. My suggestion is that you start at around 24psi and gradually let them down until you hear them telling you that you?ve gone too far.

Sounds silly but listening to them works.
      ------

I run mine at around 23psi as that seems to do the trick, but then I have a 1.8 Marina'd engine LWB Roadster.

Comment

I run my trials-prepared SWB B-Series Roadster at 15psi front/25psi rear when in full ready-to-trial trim and 15/22 when 'unloaded', remembering that 'unloaded' includes toolbox, twin spare wheels, and ballast! I seem to recall that 18/22 was a reasonable starting point before I added the trials stuff. You certainly don't want too much air in the fronts or the already-too-easy-to-lock-up-when-braking situation will get even worse.

Comment

PS - I should have added that the 18/22 was with the 'original' 13" wheels but I can't remember the exact tyre size.

Comment

Many thanks to all for your suggestions, I will, weather permitting this weekend use all of this information and report back on the success

Comment

Message originally posted by: Jim Mountain
              When i was running 185/70/13" i ran 20 psi all round and never had a problem.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Gordon Thompson
                I've tried a variety of pressures but tend to run my 185/70/13s at around 20 psi too!

Comment

Working...
                X