X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How little can i spend?!!!

Message originally posted by: Paul Statham
    Hi all,

i've fallen in love with the roadster after seeing one a few months back, i've been a motorcyclist for the past for years, and this car has made me take driving lessons. my major concern is cash... as in i don't have any, i desparatly want to know how little i could pick up a roadster for, i'm a competant mechanic and have facilities so i would be happy with somthing that's shabby and in need of love. also how available are they? is there anywhere in particular that i should be looking, as they seem fairly few and far between. any help and advice on sourcing a 'cheap'un' would really be appreciated.

thanks all,

Paul Statham.

Re: How little can i spend?!!!

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    I picked mine up (a LWB Marina 1.8 Roadster) for ?2k, it had a rebuilt engine and was (and still is) mechanically sound.

You can try ebay as they sometimes have older cars on there (I've recently seen a car like you describe go for ?700 or so) and another place is http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/kitcar.php. There is of course the Marlin Owners Club magazine, PitStop. This month has a range of Roadsters for > ?2.5k < ?4k. To be honest thats quite high for these cars, expect them outside of PS for ~?2k mark...

Personally if you can I'd get a little more cash and try and get a sorted example - there isn't much to go wrong on these cars, but if you could get a car which is used daily like mine you know you won't have to foot a huge repair bill.

Comment

Might be worth giving Danny Nelson a ring...he is always wheeling and dealing. I bought mine off him...(well bought it back actually but that's another story...they get under your skin these little motors..!!). Try 0121 453 7250.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

thanks for the advice, i've still gotta wait to pass my driving test, then i gotta save every penny i can, and buy the first one i can afford. condition really doesn't bother me, but obviously the better the car is the less work i would have to do. we shall see.

Thanks,

Paul.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Jayne Suddaby
          Hi Paul
          I have a roadster for sale. It is mechanically pretty good. Starts very well and runs well. Bodywork a bit shabby. No MOT or tax. I was hoping to get about ?800 for it but am open to offers if reasonable. Any good?
          Jayne

Comment

Hi, yes this would be of interest... sorry about the late response... my computer has been ill... is it still for sale??? if so do you have any pictures? email me at: paul.statham(at)iphplc.com thanks a lot,

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X