Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinto power in a swb?

Message originally posted by: Ian Stanton
    I currently have a marina 1.3 swb in need of a bit of an overhaul. I am also running a 1.8 sierra which will soon be redundant due to the forthcoming arrival of a company car. I was wondering whether it was possible/has been done to use a pinto engine in a swb? What kind of mods are necessary? and are there any other parts that can be used from the sierra...eg, brakes, hubs etc?
    Any advice on using ford parts would be welcomed!

Re: Pinto power in a swb?

I have a pinto in my Lwb roadster no problems, prop made locally for ?80, land rover gearbox mounts fit engine mounts ?7.50pr. I know there is a few inches difference inchassis length,but I always think that with a bit of thought you can make anything fit. Did I mention I also fitted the axle from a 2.8 capri.And a rear exing exhaust.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Richard Walker
      I have a 2.0 pinto with sierra 5sp box in a swb roadster contact me if you would like to see it. 07977 937237

Comment

Hi Richard.
        Im busy rebuilding mine and was wondering whether to change from triumph to ford engine and five speed box. id be interested in any info that u may have. thanks in anticipation.

Comment

Working...
        X