Bulkhead tear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulkhead tear.

My Roadster (marina base)has developed a tear in the bulkhead near to where the brake servo is mounted. As a result the servo moves when the brake pedal is pressed. I need to fit some kind of strengthening plate over the damaged area & remount the servo. YKC have seen this before, but have nothing made up, nor any drawings etc for what I need.
    Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Re: Bulkhead tear.

Yep, it happened to me a few years ago. At the time Marlin were still producing the Roadster and were able to supply a purpose made piece of steel to correct the problem - perhaps they may still have some? From what I remember it was fairly painless to fit...

Comment

Message originally posted by: Alan Hogg
      YKC certainly did supply a strenghing bracket a couple of years ago as i purchased one for my son's roadster which had the same problem.There is a drawing of this in Tech Tips.If you would like to leave your address I.ll mail you a photocopy!

Comment

I got over this when I was building by riviting a length of 1" alloy angle along the step in the bulkhead (full width) under the servo. Drilled all the holes first then stuck it with polyurathane adhesive as I rivited it. After 15 yrs. it seems to have worked OK.

Comment

Yes, experienced the same, but on both sides, the passenger side ripped right across the stepped section, I made a crude drawing and a local engineering firm bent up some steel and drilled it for me. It was then a simple job to pop rivet it in place. It cost "A Drink"

Comment

Yes, experienced the same, but on both sides, the passenger side ripped right across the stepped section, I made a crude drawing and a local engineering firm bent up some steel and drilled it for me. It was then a simple job to pop rivet it in place. It cost "A Drink"

Comment

I'd really appreciate a copy of the drawing, as it looks like I'll have to get the plate made up. My address is
              Orchard End, Back Lane, Chalfont St. Giles, Bucks HP8 4NY.
              Thanks for all your advice.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Peter J O'Leary
                Hi, I'm now going to restore my roadster, (1980) as my son who is 19 would like to see it on the road, however, I too have a tear and would be grateful if someone could forward a drawing for me to repair the tear. Regards, Peter

Comment

Alan has kindly sent me the drawing, I have yet to start on the job so I can't add any tips or measurements yet but if you let me have your address I'll forward on a copy to you. Post it as a reply or e-mail me direct at tonymyers1(at)aol.com

Comment

Alan has kindly sent me the drawing, I have yet to start on the job so I can't add any tips or measurements yet but if you let me have your address I'll forward on a copy to you. Post it as a reply or e-mail me direct at tonymyers1(at)aol.com

Comment

Tony. Would greatly appreciate a copy of the Tech Tip re bulkhead tear as well. My trials Marlin is definately suffering from the same complaint. Residing at Rookery Barn, Sandpit Lane, Bledlow, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9QQ (but brought up in St Giles!)

Comment

Working...
                      X