X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to do to pass the SVA?

Message originally posted by: Malcolm Sherratt
    Hi can you help.
    I have recently bought an incomplete Marlin Berlinetta, the chassis / kit number (stencilled on most of the parts) is 3838.
    Could anyone advise me of any major problems / modifications i will need to make to pass the SVA ( bearing in mind that the kit was not designed with the SVA as a consideration.
    Many Thanks
    Malcolm Sherratt.

Re: What do I need to do to pass the SVA?

Malc

Have you seen the Febuary issue of Kit Car magazine, it has an article following a Cabrio through SVA with a list of the items it failed on. I know its not a Berlinetta but it may give you some pointers. Kit Car have also produced an SVA guide which has the same article in along with lots of other information which I think would be very useful for you. The latest edition (6) is out now, I have not seen it in the shops but I bought mine off Ebay a couple of week back, there is another copy on Ebay at the moment about ?5.00 or so.

Regards

John

Comment

Thanks John.
      I will get a copy.
      I was looking for more specific advice, I am a little worried because my kit is very much pre SVA and i would think that there are quite a lot of little things that will not conform.

Comment

Hi Malc

I guess you need to find someone who has put a Berlinetta through SVA. The mag was of use to me because I am in mid build on a Cabrio, that said some of the things the car in the mag failed on other people I have spoken to have not failed on the same items. I think there is a fair bit of subjective view between SVA stations. I am sure the mag will be good for things that don't alter, lights, steering, seat belt mounts etc...

Best of luck

John

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
          sorry this is so late in coming : http://www.grahamjyoung.co.uk/sva.pdf might be of use.

Comment

ah bummer, looks like's it not there at the mo. I'll speak to the lad who had it.

Comment

three replies in 2 mins

This one works : http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/publications/sva%20draft%20manual.pdf

Comment

Stefan,
                Thanks very much, Just the ticket!!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Caryl Hughes
                  Hi, just read your question, and am in the process of building a marlin. Am just wondering where there any points made if you failed/passed the SVA?

Comment

Working...
                  X