Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seats

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    quick question - what seats is everyone using in their Roadsters?

At the moment I have the standard seats and find that I don't actually fit in them (I've got wide shoulders and chest) and quite fancy something which offers a bit more support with a headrest and high back (the standard ones I have flex a bit on cornering) and I'd prefer something behind my head without obscuring rear viewing / lines of the car.

Re: Seats

We've got Westfield high backed seats in ours and the're very comfortable and support well. I've some pics if you want.

Comment

if you don't mind.

Do they spoil the lines of the car (i.e. does it look daft with two high backed seats).

Next question of course is could I fit in them

Comment

Fit straight on the Marina runners. Also slide well forward so that you can access the "boot".
        Wher do you want the pics sent to?

Comment

thanks for those Hugh

Comment

Hi Stefan

This follows on from my post on your hood question.

I have nearly finished building new high back seats with headrests - not that difficult if you have access to a Mig welder and a decent scrapyard. The seats are extremely comfotable and you can of course set the latteral support to suit your own profile - within the limits of the interior of the car.

From the back they do look a bit odd so I have decided to have the hood permanently mounted in a hood bag on the car immediately over the rear combimg. I think this will work well but only time will tell. I plan to have everything finished by the end of April. The seats are the hold up as I have to get my wife enthusiastic about sewing modified covers! Probably my biggest challange.

Good luck

Alan

Comment

I had the same feeling about my original seats in my Roadster as you Stefan so I ordered a pair of seats from a company called intatrim and the seat I orderd was called Ranger. They are a high backed seat which is so nice because I can put my head back when I'm on a long journey! They took about 6 days to arrive after I ordered them and it took my a whole day to fit them in my roadster. I can send you some photo's if you like? They look really good and really suit the shape of the car and they also look good from the back! I find them very comfortable as well, plus they will do them in almost any colour you want to fit in with the interior of your marlin. Hope that is of some help.
              Ben
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Something I forgot to mention in my reply there is if you are going to have high backed seats you will need to adapt your tonneau cover (if you have one) bacuse it wont fit on with the seats sticking up out of the car.
                Ben
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

That would be great if you don't mind, if you could email me : stefan AT stefancarlton.net (obviously remove the spaces and replace AT).

Looking at them on Europa and they look quite smart. Why did it take you so long to fit?

Comment

Hi Stefan,
                    I need a new standard seat I would be interest ed in your old ones.

Cheers

chris
                    cdscoot(at)yahoo.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X