Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood storage

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
    Currently I store my hood folded on the parcel shelf (the space above the petrol tank and below the spare wheel is open on my car), but if I go ahead with my plan of getting high backed seats access into that area will be very tight.

I notice in an old Technical Tips article it suggests you roll the roof and use the existing pins to keep it held down - does anyone do this and have pictures I could see? Failing that, what does everyone else do?

Ideally I'm hoping to take the car touring this summer (or next) and would love to maximise storage space within the car as well.

Any ideas appreciated

Re: Hood storage

Hello Stefan

I've spent the winter overhauling my Ital based LWB roadster and I'm just running out of time. Like you I've gone the high-backed seat with headrest route (still in the construction phase) and I want best use of the space behind the seats. I've chickened out on making my own folding roof and ordered the kit plus hood bag from YKC; delivery sometime next week. If you are still looking for ideas in a week or so come back to me and I'll give you my impression of the YKC offering.

Good luck

Alan

Comment

Message originally posted by: Jim Mountain
      You could mount the front of the seats with a piano hindge so the seat can tilt foward to allow acess to the rear.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Stefan Carlton
        thats a good idea, but idealy I was wanting that space for other things when I go touring (it was ideal for stuffing things down teh sides last time)

Comment

YKC riven hood and frame sit on the back, still alowwing use of the space behind the seats
          YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Since fitting inertia seat belts I couldn't get the frame behind the seats. Just sorted this by sawing the frame in half and inserting some copper pipe to make the join (frame now breaks down to four pieces). 5 minute job and a lot cheaper than buying a new folding frame

Comment

Working...
            X