Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlinetta Top Suspension wishbone from YKC

Hi,

This is an addition to the reply I posted to Roger Johnston. As you can see there is a good clearance from the ball joint threads and upper chassis protrusion!

Cheers,
    Dane.
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: Berlinetta Top Suspension wishbone from YKC

Hi Dane and thanks for the picture. The difference seems to be your top arm is at an angle fron the horizontal and you have what looks like a lot of camber. Mine is horizontal, I bought springs for it from YKC and adjusted camber to 4mm positive and cannot stop the top arm ball joint hitting the sub frame protusion. Also the top arm does not get anywhere near the bump stop.

Has anyone else encoutered this and found a solution?

Comment

Roger,

The photo is not wonderful due to a poor camera with a hugely wide angle lens. My wishbone is slightly down from horizontal and I have my camber set at about +0?25'. The sticking out thread end I machined down by 10mm and It would have to travel a lot [which it won't do]to hit the subframe. My springs are new YKC too. The top arm, because of it's totally different design will never contact the now redundant bump stop as the old Ford pressed steel one could. I mentioned some of this in my previous post.

Good luck with your Berli, It will hopefully be sorted soon.

Cheers,

Dane

Comment

Message originally posted by: Tim
        Hi , I am new to this Fourm, I have a problem in locating the ball jionts for the top wish bone , shown in the picture of the first message , is this a Cortina Wishbone???

Also I need to replace the front spring, as one is broken , I an having a lot of difficulty in location a Cortina one , could you please tell me where you have got replacements ???

Thank you

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
          Hi Tim

Post a new thread or this one may not get seen.

Regards

Comment

Hi, Welcome to the forum.
            Try Burton power or Demon tweeks for a set of Cortina springs.
            Originals may still be available from Kit-Fit.
            My upper wishbones are the, now obsolete, YKC adjustables.
            If you have the original Cortina top wishbones then the ball joints are changeable but you will have to shop around. Again try kit-fit or possibly a Ford dealer.
            The YKC wishbone ball joints are modified Transit trackrod end ball joints.
            Try Danny Nelson. He is the Berli guru. He may even have a nice newish pair of wishbones complete.
            Good luck with it all!
            Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
            X