Front/Rear suspension units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front/Rear suspension units

I am thinking to repace the suspension units on my Ford based Sportster. The fronts are AVO coil over type and the rear dampers similarly AVO but of course just damper units as the springs are independant.
    Does anyone have replacement part numbers for these in AVO/GAZ/KONI or SPAX?

Thanks

Pete C

Re: Front/Rear suspension units

Hi Pete. I have GAZ all round now on my Hunter and they are brill. (Have always found SPAX give too hard a ride, at any setting, for road use). Burton Power stock GAZ. For the rears you need to check the lower bolt shank diameter as it varies depending on which donor rear suspension you have. From memory I think they are either 10mm or 12mm bolts. Mine are the larger ones 12mm ones with 19mm A/F heads as the suspension was Sierra 4x4. The Burtonpower P/No for my rears is GZGT5-2066. Not sure about the front part nos for the Sportster but if you also have the large bolt rears suggest you look at the Sierra 4x4/cosworth fronts which would be P/No GXGAZ0103 but suggest you also talk to Burton power.

Burton Tel 020 8518 9136
    www.burtonpower.com
    Peter.

Comment

Many thanks Peter, I'll check this out for the rears but suspect the fronts will be bespoke as its a Marlin wishbone set up not Sierra.

Thanks again

Pete C

Comment

Hi Pete. Mmm, senior moment here! Yes my fronts are as per the attached photo, GAZ coilovers which I suspect are the same as yours. Give Mark at Marlin a call. He may have the part numbers to hand? Peter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X