X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running on unleaded fuel

Message originally posted by: Bryan Newell
    Hi folks
    I am just converting my mk1 1600CC Vitesse roadster over to a 2ltr vitesse lump,I figure that I will run on unleaded for now and if motor turns out to be a good 'un' have the head converted later on.
    I seem to remember that when I had my 1600 head converted to unleaded some years ago that I was told to retard the ignition by a few degrees from the norm but cant remember exactly.
    Anyone any thoughts?
    Regards
    Bryan

Re: running on unleaded fuel

Hi Bryan
    I have a 2ltr vitesse in my roadster the previous owner fitted a in line catalyst. I had my doubts about it however I've done some long trips in the car,using unleaded fuel, including Le Mans last year and had no problems to date

Comment

Message originally posted by: Bryan Newell
      Thanks for the reply Pete
      I saw them on sale at Stoneleigh today but didn't think to buy one and unfortunately didn't read your reply till I got home.Oh well I'm sure I could get one mail order If I decide to go that route!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Ben Caswell
        Hi Bryan,
        The 2ltr was designed to run on 5star leaded at 13degBTDC and when that wasnt available 8deg.I find my engine runs OK at 13 with Optimax 98 ron with the occasional dash of Millers VSP.But it does enjoy a gallon or two of good old leaded when I can get it.?1.20 a litre I must be mad.

Comment

Hi Ben
          Many thanks,I think I'll give the 8deg a go and see how it works out
          Cheers
          Bryan

Comment

Working...
          X