bmw clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmw clutch

Can anyone tell me why my clutch is so stiff I have built a sportster and the clutch seems to be really stiff I have bled it already and I have put a new slave cylinder and a new master cylinder so don't know what else to try
    any ideas welcome thanks geoff from pudsey

Re: bmw clutch

Geoff
    I found the clutch on my Cabrio to be heavy when I first had the car [BMW engine/box] I suspect that in my case and perhaps with the sportster the reduction in pedal arm length has alot to do with it.Is the clutch actually disengaging ok? If you take a look on Simon Gregorys Cabrio build site you will see that he has incorporated the 'overcentre' spring arrangement from the Bmw donor.I have now after a year with the car got use to the heavy pedal if thats any consolation.

Comment

Geoff

The problem is the fulcrum point on the reduced marlin pedal arm length. There has been a lot of discussion on this over on the madaboutkitcars forum, if you do a serch for heavy clutch it throws up the posts. The solution was to alter the mounting of the slave cylinder to allow the slave cylinder actuating lever to be connected at a different point on the pedal arm.

The details are in the posts and the sportster owners that have done the mod report it sorts out the pedal pressure or at least makes it acceptable.

John

Comment

thanks for the info alan and john on bmw clutch

Comment

Working...
        X